It’s Monday and we hope you found some time to relax and enjoy your weekend! Let’s fill ya in on our weekend.. Friday night Lydia and I spent our evening with family. Most of the girls in our family got together for a night filled of laughs, which is always so much fun! Saturday, I (Katie) taught a class and then the rest of our afternoon was spent working on blog related items. Saturday night we went to eat at one of our new favorite places called Katie’s Pizza And Pasta. If you know anything about us we could eat pizza everyday and never get tired of it!! What is the one type of food you could always eat?
Today on the blog we’re sharing why owning a blazer is always a great idea. I got this blazer at Nordstrom, I know you’re thinking.. what a surprise (insert sarcastic tone) 😉 It’s not only at an amazing price point, only $29.97 (60% off now), but it’s also truly really good quality! For reference, I am wearing a size small. The reviews stated to order a size up, so I ordered a medium, and that was a mistake.. it was to big. My suggestion is if you are in between sizes, order a size up, but if not, order your TTS.
I love the statement a white blazer makes. Plus, I am a rebel when it comes to wearing white year round hahaa! If you follow us on Instagram @ohdarlingblog_ I shared on our stories that I just bought these Steve Madden Editor Block Heel Bootie in white for the fall!
If you don’t own a blazer let me share 5 reasons why buying one is a great idea!
- Blazers are classic they never go out of style.
- Blazers can be dressed up or down. I love wearing a blazer with a graphic tee.. it just gives your classic look a little edge.
- Blazers can be worn with a dress, pants, skirts, your favorite jeans, or even a pair of joggers. Yes, I said joggers. Check out this look and you will see how chic you can make this blazer and joggers combo.
- Blazers come at all price points! Need I say more? If you choose to spend more, a good quality blazer will last you for years to come.
- And last but not least a blazer flatters any body type. Blazers come in a variety of shapes and cuts. Try on a bunch from cropped, slouchy boyfriend, to a longline blazer. See what fits your body type best and which style makes you feel the most confident!
Now lets talk about the fun part, some styling tips:
- If it is warm outside wear a summer weight blazer with your favorite denim cutoffs (basically I’m talking about now because this 90 degree weather is just about killing us)!
- Wear a graphic tee with your distressed jeans.
- Find a fun print or pattern like this Leith Floral Print Blazer from Nordstrom. Or maybe even this adorable Mossimo Supply hooded blazer from Target for only $29!
- Wear your blazer with your favorite tennis shoes like these converse chuck taylor, or these booties from Target or my Nine West gold heels. My shoes are no longer available but I linked a very similar pair. There truly is many options I could go on and on!